Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Politics, Thoughts and Arts

This is a new blog, designed to discuss and share topics from politics to your thoughts on important issues of the day and share your observations and experiences in and about the many art forms, in particular jazz, painting, photography, writing and sculpturing. Other art forms are just as much welcome; these just happen to be my major artistic expressions that I do or enjoy the work of those close to me who do some of these artistic expressions. Flaming is not a part of this blog but good discussion and debating is welcome. And, when you voice an opinion, try to have something to back up what you say. Shooting from the hip is easy. Attributing your opinions is a challenge and is intellectually welcomed.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Steve! Welcome to the blogosphere! Looking forward to your presence here.
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzy, thanks so much. I'm hoping to proliferate the work of Friends, put a different face on local, state, national and international affairs. I also want to give space to express artistic thoughts. It warms me much to have you as my very first commenter. You win a great big hug and a thanks.
    steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve:

    I've been following your continuing health struggles on Facebook and how I know you must be intently following the current "discussions" regarding healthcare reform. I, too, have been quite interested in following the matter. While I am now covered by Medicare with my V.A. benefits as a back-up, there is no question in my mind that some form of government option is necessary.

    We live in such a rich and generous country. Nothing is thought about assisting victims of earthquakes, tsunamis, typhoons, and the like, but when it comes to taking care of our own countrymen people want to draw the line. That, I just cannot understand.

    Here's hoping a decent form of healthcare reform can be passed when Congress reconvenes.

    ReplyDelete